The Commercial Umbrella Liability Policy provides excess coverage over underlying or primary liability policies (such as General Liability and Auto policies). Coverage for those liability exposures not normally covered by underlying liability policies (subject to a “deductible” which is referred to as the Self-Insured Retention). The following is a general list of coverages provided by the Commercial Umbrella Liability policy.
- Personal Injury Liability.
- Property Damage Liability.
- Advertising Liability.
- Employer’s Liability.
- Automobile Liability.
- Watercraft Liability.
- Non-Owned Aircraft Personal Injury Liability.
- Blanket Contractual for any contract.
- Care, Custody and Control coverage.
- Occurrence basis personal injury and property damage liability instead of the more limited accident basis.
- Additional Insureds
Umbrella Liability becomes primary insurance in the event of the exhaustion or reduction of underlying aggregate limits and provides coverage worldwide.